It is said that construction is an index of growth. And this is a sector that is booming in India today. This branch is all about Construction of buildings, townships, roads, bridges, dams, airports etc., A branch that Produces engineers who could build the nation. Diploma in Civil Engineering aims to provide a basic foundation and knowledge in the field through a combination of theory as well as intense practical training.
Digital Electronics, Materials of construction. Surveying practices, Soil Testing, Engineering mechanics, Environment engineering & Pollution control, Irrigation engineering, Highway bridges and airport engineering, Estimation and costing, Concrete technology & RCC, Structural engineering, Theodolite Surveying, Civil Engineering Drawings, Basics of Computer Application etc. are some of the subjects taught in the six Semesters of the 3 year course which culminates with industrial visits and Project work.
Why Study Civil Engineering?
- Civil engineers create, improve and protect the environment in which we live.
- This field of engineering deals with plan, design, and oversee construction and infrastructure.
- There are numerous “Positive aspects to a job”. They are designated as “Junior Engineer”.
- Because of wide range of Civil Engineering field, there are number of specialized areas where one can focus based on personal interest.
- There are opportunities for civil engineering, which involves planning of
- Natural calamity resistant structures.
- Green and ecologically sustainable structures.
- Structurally light yet sturdy buildings.
- Townships with least disruption to natural ecology.
- Economic buildings for low income groups.
- “The best creator next to GOD is CIVIL ENGINEER”.